Insomniac with a heart to cure

Please take the time to introduce yourself, tell us a little about your interests and journey so far. As we love to learn about new members and welcome you to our community.

Moderators: Spiritual Beings, Friendship Team

Insomniac with a heart to cure

Postby Journey Of A Dream » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:06 am

I have always been one interested in healing others, and myself as I find myself in random accidents often. I had wished to become a nurse or doctor or even a vet, unfortunately at this point in life the tuition is just a tad high. I also have always been into the metaphysical arts, Tarot, pendulums, candle art, reading stones or such. I found out about Reiki quite a few years back but gave up on my search for a while as any course I found was way beyond my financial means and everything was distant learning. Distance learning is fine, but there is bond between student and master, and for people such as myself, there needs to be some physical contact to "know" the person enough to follow their every instruction.
I have recently had a string of injuries and deaths occur to people and animals close to me. Just the other night I lost one of my puppies (my girl has a litter of 6) I believe she found something poisonous around the yard, but I cannot be sure. These occurrences lead me to look into the healing arts again, and eventually lead me here.
A little something else about me (the practical) I am 31 girl trapped in a woman's body ;), never married, no children, back living with my father and sister. I have a lot of hobbies but never enough time to fit them all into the day/night. I am an insomniac and end up starting my day at night lately. I love video games, sports, outdoors, and sinking my hands and feet into the earth. Yeah, I am a tomboy, and proud of it!

So, nice to meet you all! I hope that we can inspire each other, and hopefully learn a few things of pertinence as well.
Journey Of A Dream
Naturally New

Re: Insomniac with a heart to cure

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Journey

Welcome to Nat.

Things usually happen for a reason.
A Dream never dies and yes tuition can be very expensive but if you make your own limitations then you are limited.
Once upon a time ago befor colleges/Universities people learnt by watching and doing ~ now you need a piece of paper.

Distant attunements ~ I know that some feel that its better to have a Master/Teacher who is physically present but when I was looking into Reiki I found that none of the courses offered locally were running when I was availiable, I got bad vibes about or were way out of my price range and they didn't seem to offer anything more then any of the other courses. I found my way to Nat

I do think its a personal choice but after being a reiki master/teacher .... I now understand that when Reiki was originally given it was given Distantly. You might want to look into some of the distant attunements that are offered here and see what you think.

I have very strong bonds with my Reiki Master(s). I have seen other websites where people who were attunemented in Person feel such a strong bond to their masters that they question if the masters have while attuning them suggested that they are bound to them. I do know that when I was looking into Reiki level 1 I spoke with a woman locally who indicated that I was only permitted to attend HER courses, yes I would pay for courses individually but untimately I would have to do all the Reiki levels with her at her costs regardless if I found course for less or if I moved.

Sometimes you can feel and connect to the energy of the other members of Nat and its equally if not more of a connection then you could have in person.
I as a Master would not want someone to follow my every instruction. You learn more by doing what comes naturally and asking questions. Yes, If you wanted to know what I would suggest for preperation for an attunement I would give it to you BUT we are all different I know some like to be in the bath while receiving an attunement ~ for me the minute the water got cold I would then only focus on the cold water, others like candles ~ for me I know that I would want a short buring candle or to use my salt rock crystal lamp etc The messanger might be different but the message remains the same.

All Blessings
Uni
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Little White Dove » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi Journey ... Welcome to Nat.We hope to see you again soon :1:

May your day be filled with blessings Like the sun that lights the sky,
May you always have the courage To spread your wings and fly!
Little White Dove
Naturally Admin.
Naturally Admin.

Postby Sarahangel » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Welcome to Nat with many blessings, I hope you enjoy your time here. :3:
Do not worry about what's in the past or what your future holds..Live, Love and be happy in the Now..

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Return to Introductions