Criticism...Judgement...Assumptions...

For all those things you do, like and want to chat about

Moderators: Spiritual Beings, Friendship Team

Criticism...Judgement...Assumptions...

Postby Fantasia » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:20 am

I am curious to hear any thoughts/feelings on experiences you have had when you have encountered "people who judge, criticise and assume"..

I have noticed that sometimes when I have had to deal with persons with this mentality that they have a tunnel vision...they only hear their own voice,,thoughts...which takes me to the point of thinking...are they mirroring their own characteristics...but you are being the "patsy" of their own traits...!

When dealing with a mentality of this sort..do you find your voice is lost...your feelings are lost...that they disempower you?
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Criticism...Judgement...Assumptions...

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:41 pm

To a degree and therefore I try to avoid these people when I see this is how they are... I can't change them and I don't want to be a bird of a feather
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby vicky » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm

I try not to get involved once I know poeple are like that...they wear me out and pull me down (like vampires draining me)
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby calm_in_peace » Tue May 06, 2008 10:48 am

I am curious to hear any thoughts/feelings on experiences you have had when you have encountered "people who judge, criticise and assume"..

Well.. Good point.. I personally, try my best to understand why they do that way.. Why one judge, criticise and assume? Definitely because they see something you doing or hear something you saying. There are always misunderstandings.. Question is.. If he ask you questions to open the subject to see it clearly, to understand well, you answer or not? You are honest enough to share and open everything for him to make him see the truth or not? If you dont put your effort.. Then you become the one who judge, criticise and assume that, he is one..

I have noticed that sometimes when I have had to deal with persons with this mentality that they have a tunnel vision...they only hear their own voice,,thoughts...which takes me to the point of thinking...are they mirroring their own characteristics...but you are being the "patsy" of their own traits...!

Smiles.. Hmmm. Are you sure? He hears his voice only? maybe thats because you dont talk to him the way he realize things.. They may dont hear you and only their voices because you are not talking.. Dont be that shallow.. Staying away from those of course a solution.. Then you really stay away.. And dont go back to him then.. Dont try to communicate then.. Yet if you need to, then be honest and open. Answer all what he asks.. The true answers of course.. And just wait.. No result? then stay away definitely..

When dealing with a mentality of this sort..do you find your voice is lost...your feelings are lost...that they disempower you?

If you want your voice heard.. You have to talk.. You have to talk the truth. Honest, open and without hiding a thing.. Maybe those also thinks that your hiding, not sharing, not answering, not telling the truth make them feel lost and you actually disempower you..
In fact .. What you started here, cant be answered like that.. That needs an approach as a case study.. If you have an example, bring it and we talk about it.. If you like i can bring one.. And we can analyse it here.. And we will see that, we cant judge people, we cant criticise and we cant make assumptions as you do, before we know all about the situation.. Be careful, because simply starting this subject, you became one of those who judge, criticise and assume about people.. [b]

I am serious about the case study.. If you like to analyse fantasia, simply ask me...
calm_in_peace
Naturally New

Re: Criticism...Judgement...Assumptions...

Postby Jessica40 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:10 am

This was a totally cool topic and here is my take on it......I love the word EXPECTATION....the reason being is because if anyone gets bothered by another person in any area of their life I personally have found it is for this reason. I know that Source Energy only sees the good in everyone. When a person is experiencing negative emotion it is because they are out of alignment with Source Energy (God, Buddha, Jesus, RA) which ever name you prefer. All we have in life is choices, from the time we wake up till the time we lay down. So....if a person is concerned about another critising, judging, assuming....it is a CHOICE based upon the EXPECTATION that the person doing it should be doing something different. Remove the EXPECTATION and make a different CHOICE and all is well. In other words don't EXPECT anyone to behave the way you would want them to and if what they are doing is not to your liking then make a CHOICE to simply not be a part of it. LoveL^i^ghtBlessings, Namaste
"Prayer is when you talk to God,
Meditation is when you Listen."
Jessica40
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby caraway » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:29 am

Fantasia wrote:I am curious to hear any thoughts/feelings on experiences you have had when you have encountered "people who judge, criticise and assume"..

I have a person very close to me in my life currently who is like this. But he is not like this all of the time, because he is very slowly, as his life goes on, learning to see himself more clearly (as we all hopefully do :-? ). I find that when he begins judging and criticising that his body language mirrors his closed off thinking, i.e. that he crosses his arms and that his hands are also closed into fists. I have found that pointing out his body language to him has done more to make him stop and think about what it is that he is doing than debating with him ever would.

I think that what you said about yourself being the 'patsy' of their own traits is very true and it can be very disempowering until and unless you realise what it is that they are doing. I think that this person is a part of my journey and that I am learning to be a better and more understanding person through the experience.
Dare to live your creed )O(
Angels fly because they take themselves lightly :lil:
For a fleeing enemy, build a golden bridge.
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
caraway
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby Rose Quartz » Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 pm

In other words don't EXPECT anyone to behave the way you would want them to and if what they are doing is not to your liking then make a CHOICE to simply not be a part of it. LoveL^i^ghtBlessings, Namaste

This is so true :color: individuals will change/understand when the time is right for them. I have changed so many times already and still am changing. Can one judge anyone before walking in that persons shoes? I believe not. One can only make a choice to carry on his own path and send blessings to such people along the way :color:

Instead of Expecting them , try and Bless them :color:

I remember when I vibrated on low frequencies (anger, fear, paranoia, stress) I couldn't hear any of the good advices my friend had given me. I wasn't ready at that time to see to understand to evolve. Now is different. Now I can see. It was the me back then and the me in the now here. Which one to judge? :lol: Just let them be and give both of them all Blessings :color:

Love and Light to All, Rose Quartz
To exercise qi flow without any kind of center is difficult.You can get to know qi and make it flow,but without a center you become passive,almost like a victim, and have hard time using qi according to your own will.Intention can be described as a direction,but it needs a starting point...Seika Tanden.
Usui Gokai
Rose Quartz
Naturally Home
Naturally Home

Return to Naturally Chat