Falun Gong

For all those things you do, like and want to chat about

Moderators: Spiritual Beings, Friendship Team

Falun Gong

Postby Fantasia » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:58 am

A Young Woman's Psoriasis Is Cured after Practising Falun Gong

Three years ago I was suffering from psoriasis, which caused my family and me endless problems.

At the age of 15, eight years ago, I first came down with psoriasis. It began as a thick layer of white scabs on my scalp, it was so bad that I looked like I was wearing a hat. I was a teenager at the time and to be inflicted with such an embarrassing disease during puberty made me have thoughts of suicide. My peers looked at me with disgust, which sent me into despair. I eventually quit middle school. My father took me to many doctors and hospitals. I even tried traditional Chinese herbal therapies, but none of it worked well. As I was seeking medical treatment, the psoriasis spread all over my body. I often wondered why I was cursed with this terrible disease.

Meanwhile, my mother began to practice Falun Gong, and I saw a huge transformation in her. "Illness is a result of karma," she said. "Perhaps it is the karma you created in your previous life that is causing you to suffer from psoriasis. Why don't you read Falun Gong's books and say 'Falun Gong is good' from the bottom of your heart? I believe you will be cured."

Because of the Chinese Communist Party's atheist education, I didn't believe anything I couldn't see with my own eyes. Although I fully supported my mother practising Falun Gong, I was somewhat sceptical whether Falun Gong could cure my psoriasis. Besides, I thought only about curing my disease, so I didn't start practising Falun Gong right away.

Later I heard a hospital in a city about 100 miles away had a cure for psoriasis. It would take a lot of money to take the bus there, so my father took me there by motorbike. We travelled to the hospital many times, in the rain, the wind, and all kinds of weather. I stopped counting the number of trips we made to the hospital that promised to cure psoriasis, but the treatments didn't work. Having lost all my faith in medicine I felt as though I had come to the end of my life.

My mother continued to urge me to practice Falun Gong. "Don't seek any rewards when you say 'Falun Gong is good' and you will be rewarded for your sincerity," she said. I thought I might as well give it a shot because I was at the end of my rope. As soon as I started saying "Falun Gong is good," I immediately started to feel better. I then started to read the Falun Gong book Zhuan Falun. In fact, I read it from cover to cover twice. In the book I saw hope. I decided to put psoriasis in the back of my mind. I told myself, "I am a healthy person. At least my mind is healthy." Meanwhile my mother repeatedly encouraged me to continue reading, and I obliged. I stopped taking medicine. After a few years the psoriasis disappeared without my realising it.

I am now married with a big, healthy baby son. I am truly thankful to Falun Gong and to Teacher for bringing us such good fortune.
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Falun Gong

Postby Norma » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:54 pm

this is interesting as another scorce for those in neeg to look into.....
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Norma » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:55 pm

need not neeg...... sorry typo
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:58 pm

neeg works ;)
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby vicky » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:43 pm

So its a sort of tai chi ??
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Fantasia » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 am

Vicky here is a link which explains a little about it, hope it answers some of your question...I find it quite interesting...

Falun_Gong

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby vicky » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:24 pm

it looks rather interesting...my son has psoriosis but I don't know how he would feel doing this !! he's a big lad
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Thanks Fantasia .. will look at it in detail later.
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:27 pm

I know no more about Falun Gong than the rest of you lol, was reading the topic and found it interesting, thought it might be of enlightenment for someone. Be interesting to talk to someone who is more knowledgeable..and has worked with this...does it help all conditions?...I have lots of questions too :)

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:43 pm

Does it help other conditons... well if you think in healthier terms then you should feel healthier right...
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Re: RE: Falun Gong

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 pm

Fantasia wrote:I know no more about Falun Gong than the rest of you lol, was reading the topic and found it interesting, thought it might be of enlightenment for someone. Be interesting to talk to someone who is more knowledgeable..and has worked with this...does it help all conditions?...I have lots of questions too :)

Great we will all learn together and share what we find ... when we find it.
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

RE: Re: RE: Falun Gong

Postby Citrine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:42 pm

I know of a fellow who has a health food shop that practices Falun Gong (also called Falun dafa). He would have to be one of the most peaceful people I have come across. They practice it several mornings a week but is about 40minutes away from where I live so is one of those on my "to do" list lol.

He was explaining to me that it has been outlawed in China. First it was embraced by the Chinese Communist Party then was banned when the Party realised Falun Gong or Falun Dafa had a greater following by the people of China than the communist party had. There have been arrests and other acts of violence taken out on people refusing to stop the practice in China.

I also have a dvd on Falun gong and is very interesting, it was done by an Australian guy who took it up after being severely injured in a car accident. Will check out the title if anyone is interested.

Lots of love & light
Citrinexxx
Grow in love & peace and joy will light your days.

Life is not about finding yourself.....Life is about creating yourself.

The secret to life is not to be in the know - but to be in the mystery.
Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

RE: Re: RE: Falun Gong

Postby Fantasia » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:18 am

but is about 40minutes away from where I live so is one of those on my "to do" list lol.

Just do it!! :)

Citrine, anything you find would be great...thank you

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Return to Naturally Chat