Irrational Misguided Thinking

For all those things you do, like and want to chat about

Moderators: Spiritual Beings, Friendship Team

Irrational Misguided Thinking

Postby Fantasia » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:02 pm

Sometimes remaining positive and on top of things when we are confronted with negative can be difficult. We drift off into irrational thoughts which can also lead to irrational behavour techniques.

Sometimes misguided thinking can stem from just a dream we have had the night before or some visual trigger point that happens through the day. But that one experience can upset the equilibrium of the way we were thinking..

Like the saying goes.."it takes so many muscles in the face to frown, but only a few to smile"...our thoughts are like this also...we can either run with the irrational thought or we can reprogram our thought pattern to release quickly and get back on the right track.

What do you do when you are faced with irrational misguided thinking?
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Irrational Misguided Thinking

Postby Norma » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:33 pm

affirmations affirmations affirmations .... and prey to God that things work out! I contemplate a lot of things everyday and may thoughts, and try to balance if it is morally right or wrong or if it is just.... and then I have to just believe what I am thinking or have done is good and right and just..... mistakes can hurt...
but affirmations affirmations affirmations goa long way
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

RE: Irrational Misguided Thinking

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:00 am

I'd say but then I'd get beeped !
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Sarahangel » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:04 am

Sometimes just stopping, taking a deep breath and focusing on what's really important reminds us to stay positive. It's so easy to slip back into that negative mind set at times when the world seems to revolve around it.
Do not worry about what's in the past or what your future holds..Live, Love and be happy in the Now..

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Norma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:42 pm

so placing something/someone above you, is then like bowing down to another's way of thinking/being and not being true to yourself because being negative puts us into the state of "something else is better than I...."
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Definately an irrational misguided way of thinking Norma.

Balance is the key. Identify why you would want to put someone else above yourself.

It is great to hold a lot of respect and admiration for someone, their skills, their talents, their persona, but not to the detrement of how you feel about yourself. If you see that person as all there and you down there - big huge mistake - we are all skilled, talented and flared in many different ways, that is the beauty of being an individual.

There is always someone out there - prettier, thinner, more intelligent, has nicer hair etc etc but remember to that person there is always someone out there that is prettier, thinner, more intelligent, has nicer hair etc etc etc...the cycle goes on..where does it stop, with YOU...loving you for what you are, what you see in you.
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:42 pm

Irrational thought: because I failed to be able to accomplish something in past means I cannot do it in future... so rely on someone else to do it and possibly fail also.... or do better than whatever I could do.....

oh goodness...... I know so many people in my line of work like that! I have the Nike saying "Just Do It" .... if not good enough I tried and gave it a good shot, better luck next time....
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:46 pm

The whole fun of failure is not measured by how many times we fail but how many times we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and try try again...that creates winners!

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:59 pm

irrational thinking - failure is considered negative ... the end to all.... it can't be done.... If this is so.... we would not have inventions that we utilize each and every day.... like a simple light bulb, refrigerator, computer..... failure means try again .... how many millionaires out there had to start over each time they failed before finally succeeding? ... I don't know either but there are many, books on them... this is something we forget when tunnel vision starts to invade our thinking and way of life.
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:01 pm

Then spare a thought for the story of Walt Disney!

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:09 pm

oh hush! I'm trying to think irrationally right now!

hee hee hee lol
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:27 pm

Walk Disney was afraid of mice! :6:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:09 am

shoots now you confused me... I forgot the affirmation for my irrational misguided way of thinking.... what should I do?
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:50 pm

The person who did the vioce of Buggs bunny was allergic to carrots .... Whats up doc!!!!!!!!!
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Norma » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:57 pm

See... see... too much of a good thing will get you sick.... like c..c.l..e .... lol
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Failing also has an upside, you can have another go at it.. :D reminds me of when I went for my drivers licence ...but that's another story!!!

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:11 am

the thing about failing too many times... if there is no support for your efforts or you don't believe you are close to the solution.. irrational thinking comes forward and you end up lableling yourslef a failure at what you had tried to do.... and no longer have a want to do it agian... however, to fail and believe it is still possible leave the possiblity of chance working in your favor.... and you feel good because you are still trying to get it right this time....

just too bad my lotto tickets don't seem to get me as a winner for lotto! I'm still trying!
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby vicky » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:19 pm

I try to remember that I am mande in Gods image..if he's happy then I should be
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Norma » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:45 pm

yea... the funny thing is I get folks that make the strage comment every so often "Who do you think you are, GOD?!" okay.. so it happens in arguements.... I wanna say yes... but don't since I like leaving it at that comment...
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby vicky » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 pm

...my reply to that sarcastic comment has always been "Only on sundays...the rest of the week plain old Miss will do" and a big smile goes with it.
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Next

Return to Naturally Chat