Fear

For all those things you do, like and want to chat about

Moderators: Spiritual Beings, Friendship Team

Fear

Postby Fantasia » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:20 pm

Sometimes in our life we go through circumstances or situations that raise feelings of fear in us.. fear is a very uncomfortable emotion, as we know it brings to the fore many physical symptoms associated also with anxiety...fear and anxiety are good mates!

What is the best thing we can do to help us work through fear?
How can we stop creating situations in our heads that haven't happened which will obviously intensify the fear within us?

I would be interested in hearing what others have to say? as we all go through life having been touched by fear many times, and we get through it, but it comes back and it feels like we have to start all over again...

I have found that when I am faced with a fearful situation that to have the support network of caring loving friends helps me embrace this fear and work through it so I don't feel alone..

What do you do?
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Fear

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 pm

day by day ..... take things in small chunks ... surround myself with angels (both spirit and earth)
etc
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Norma » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 am

Support can be beautiful.... but also a crutch... sometime we cannot face the fear and always rely on others to face it for us.... causing it to always return and be faced again......
This can go 2 ways when having a support system ... the results of facing the fear will depend on how much the network enables a person to do or not to do themself......

Myself, I go 2 ways... I hate to bother folks with my problems, don't want folks in my business, but have a strong desire to talk it out with someone else... preferably someone I don't know and will never see again to avoid being judged one way or another - this is attached to my fear of being labled....... I do carry a bag of fear, although I try to lighten the load, it never seems to empty.... but if I do face my fear head on... if possible... I gain relief...and that is good.
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:19 pm

So what is fear? is it something we create in our mind?
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:07 am

its somethings we give power to it can be something in our mind or in our fine wiring

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby vicky » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:31 am

Fear has held me back for most of my life...fear of failure...fear of looking stupid...fear of sucess | think.

Even tho I had counselling at the age of 30 I think that an abusive mother instilled a sense of failure and worthlessness into me that still holds me back now.

xx
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Re: RE: Fear

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:57 pm

vicky wrote: I think that an abusive mother instilled a sense of failure and worthlessness into me that still holds me back now.

So what have you done about it recently?

You could write her a letter about how you feel/felt and since I know she is on the other side you could then burn or bury it....

You are a good person otherwise you would be who you are!

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

RE: Re: RE: Fear

Postby Fantasia » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:56 pm

Interesting reading guys!...now read it again..and feel what you read?...how does it feel?

Try this little exercise..waiting in anticipation for your feedback :)

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Re: RE: Fear

Postby vicky » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:19 am

ah, no thats my Nan who died...the mother is alive somewhere!!!
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fear

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:07 pm

vicky wrote:ah, no thats my Nan who died...the mother is alive somewhere!!!

Well then I suggest you write the same letter and toss it in the freezer! puts the whole think on ice!

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Sarahangel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Isn't fear an illusion after all? In our hearts we all know this but sometimes in our mind's and ego's we feed into it. Why is that I wonder? I think recognizing the issue and focusing on positive outcomes are useful way to turing things around.

You could write her a letter about how you feel/felt and since I know she is on the other side you could then burn or bury it....

Uni suggested also to me when I had issues with a neighbour to place the letter in the freezer.
Do not worry about what's in the past or what your future holds..Live, Love and be happy in the Now..

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby vicky » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:32 pm

I think I will try this - thanks

xx
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Fantasia » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Love your av vicky..so cute :)...hope all sorts for you...you are a special person...

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Fantasia » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Food for thought on the topic of fear:::

Surrender

The energy of surrender helps you focus on your heart and your feelings;
Surrender is neccessary to let go of old feelings that prevent you from opening up your heart;
Surrender makes your fear vanish.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks..... I have sooooooooooo much to surrender! Where does one start?! okay okay... I guess I have surrendered a lot, just wish I knew of all the things I need to surrender so I can let it all go sooner.........
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Emotional hoarding can be debilitating...the release can be exilerating...

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby vicky » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:32 am

I think that if I wrote the letter so much hate would pour out...maybe I should be doing it???

How can I profess to be such a good person when I feel full of hate towards someone...?
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:07 am

having human feelings .... just means your human!

plus what good is it to keep those feelings bottled up .... eatting away at you .....
its not like your getting a linch mob with torches to hunt her down in the middle of the night.

Your writting a letter to tell her how you feel, placing it in the freezer to put it (emotions, relationship etc) on hold in the deep freeze!

Now when Sarahangel did this .... the individual she wrote her letter to did physically feel colder as first as she was still trying to have the same relationship with Sarahangel and then slowly the situation cooled down and the other person went about her own business.

I'm not sure if Sarahangel still has that letter or not ....

Vicky the hate that you feel could be doing you more harm then good. You don't have any contact with your mom therefore does it matter to her how you feel? No so the letter can be either addressed to her or to your higher self.

Many blessings
Uni

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Vicky, I don't feel you hate the person ...I feel you don't have it in your psychology...I am thinking you may feel intense disgust, resent, fear, disappointment for all that has transpired, but something tells me there is no hate...you are a good person and you are entitled to feel those emotions for the trauma that has been put on you,,,it would be a good release for you to attempt what Uni has suggested,,,it may be part of the surrender and release and it may take several attempts,,,but you will be attempting it...which is also part of the releasing process...

We are all with you :hug:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:06 pm

You know I think its funny how "simple" emotions are discribed but they have like an onion many layers .....

Hate = intense disgust, resent, fear, disappointment, etc BUT they also say that Hate and Love are such extremes they are often mixed up.....

We will all be with you Vicky.

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Next

Return to Naturally Chat