Child's bedroom

Feng Shui information and Discussion

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Child's bedroom

Postby Sarahangel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:30 am

Hi there!

I know very little about Feng Shui but I was wondering if you have any suggestions for my son's room. He has alot of trouble sleeping at night and I have a feeling it had something to do with the clutter that was all over the room. My husband and I had taken his closet doors off and there are stacks of books everywhere and toys. He also had alot of posters on the walls.

I painted his walls last week in a colour called calming space(sort of a blue grey) and it seemed to help. I also purchased a salt rock crystal lamp to cleanse the air. I've placed his desk in the closet with the computer on it and now the bed faces the door. He is still getting up saying he can't sleep occasionally but it isn't an every night thing.

Do you have any suggestions on what else I can do?
Do not worry about what's in the past or what your future holds..Live, Love and be happy in the Now..

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby whispering breeze » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:23 pm

Namaste Sarahangel,

I have learnt in Feng Shui that the bed should not face the door, it should be next to/behind it. Clearing the clutter would be good as it will release the negativity in the room and allow the energy to move around freely. Make sure his curtains and windows are open during the day, giving plenty of light and air. Placing a plant in a corner of the room where there is a bare space. Have you thought of a dream catcher and maybe a comfort Teddy?

Sweet Melodies is our expert, hopefully she can guide you more :wink:
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Sarahangel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:38 pm

The bed doesn't face the door so that's good. In the past he has kept his blinds closed during the day but I have been keeping them open since i've painted. I'm not sure about a plant though because I don't get very much light there during the day. Perhaps some bamboo stalks? My sister in law made him a dream catcher last Christmas and it's been hanging ever since. Thanks for your suggestions.
Do not worry about what's in the past or what your future holds..Live, Love and be happy in the Now..

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:53 pm

whispering breeze wrote:I have learnt in Feng Shui that the bed should not face the door, it should be next to/behind it.

So you shouldn't be able to lie in bed and look out the door???? I have a difficult room as the room is too small or the bed too big. You open the bedroom door and it swings into the room and touched the wall so the only two places for the bed is so the door would almost touch the bed or on the opposit side so the door hits the wall on the left and the bed is over on the right. Thankfully I don't have a dresser to worry about too!

whispering breeze wrote:Clearing the clutter would be good as it will release the negativity in the room and allow the energy to move around freely.

As you know from the other wed site I'm a pack rat and have a clutter of books it doens't seem to stop the energy around me. If I removed the clutter I might need to be listed as a power plant or something!

Some house plants like low light maybe you have a shade plant that you could bring in during the fall?
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Sweet Melodies » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:31 pm

Sarahangel,

Whispering Breeze has guided u well. Thanks WB
Yes,bamboo stalks are good to keep...

You have said about posters on the wall....
check if it has too much of "Water", "Trees", or pictures of any "ferocious animals" opening their mouth.... & check if these pictures are pointing towards the bed.

One thing you could try is remove all the posters from the wall & check what is happening to your son... You may try this for a week. Also ensure that the sharp arrows from the books aren't pointing the bed.
After trying all these you may keep the bamboo stalks....
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby whispering breeze » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:28 pm

Hi Sweet Melodies it is lovely to see you, Hope all is well with you. Image
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Sweet Melodies » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:38 pm

Thank You Whispering Breeze. :bun: We are all fine. (Shrudhir is also doing well). Hope the same from you. :9: :buttelr:
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby valkry » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:24 pm

This is a side thought, but you might try reading The Indigo Children by Lee Carroll & The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children by Doreen Virtue.

Short version, a lot of the kids today "think" very differently then we do. The are much more aware of the spirtual & how they can effect it. Unfortunately they aren't really understood by most of the world & get labled ADD & ADHD, implying that they are somehow "broken" instead of just processing information differently.

If clutter or something is making your son "uncomfortable" in his room, he may not be able to tell you exactly what is wrong, but Indigos are often more likely to think/feel with all their senses, instead of using 1 or 2 like we adults often do. It might be something like your very tactile child can't explain that the sheets feel too "scratchy" for him to sleep & he just "needs" to sleep on a higher thread count.

I would expect that propbably 75% of parents on this site have indigo kids. When a unborn spirit is looking at people to be it's parents, it is going to chose parents that can help it. Indigos are going to look for parents that are aware of the magic in the world - most of the parents of indigos also show many of the same signs.

Good luck.
valkry
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:34 pm

valkry wrote:This is a side thought, but you might try reading The Indigo Children by Lee Carroll & The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children by Doreen Virtue.

I would expect that propbably 75% of parents on this site have indigo kids. When a unborn spirit is looking at people to be it's parents, it is going to chose parents that can help it. Indigos are going to look for parents that are aware of the magic in the world - most of the parents of indigos also show many of the same signs.

Good luck.

Valkey I've read The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children by Doreen Virtue. It was an interesting read.

I think you might be correct about that 75% part -- unfortunately sometimes I think unborn spirits may also be here to help parents too. Sometimes so much wisdom comes from such simple questions.

The other unfortunate side is the parents who have turned off part(s) of there gifts may or may not be as much help to their children.

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby valkry » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:28 pm

Probably true. In reicarnation theories, we keep meeting the same set of people in our different lives. Your child in this life may have been your parent in another, so the learning goes both ways. Help, of course means sharing the wisdom we have, to ease a childs path & protecting protective behaviors, but help could also mean willing to learn from the child, thus helping child fufill his/her mission.

My hubby had turned off most of his ability to believe in much other then his rather orthadox religeous (sorry spelling is deadful today) beliefs. However he is a good man who can be a fine example for me kids. He has never smoked, drank (let along tried drugs), has a strong belief in right & wrong & a willingness to correct the imbalance & a good understanding of how important a loving family can be to childern (we made a pact that if it came down to it, we would never divorce...if it was THAT BAD, one of us would just have to kill the other one, a morbid joke, but one that keeps the priorities in line). I try very hard to accentuate my hubby's beliefs with what I teach the kids about their gifts.

I also fight to keep my gifts open. I have a heavy electronics/computer background & it is too easy for me to become "logical." Everyday my kids force me to stay aware of my behavior....am I saying or doing something that will start to shut down their sense of wonder at the world, their belief in magic & their abbility to learn how to use it. Lessons we learn from our kids are usually the most critical kind to learn. Glad I have to loving teachers.
valkry
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby Sarahangel » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:10 pm

Valkry,

I have read Doreen Virtues "The Care and the Feeding of Indigo Children". My son has been labelled ADD though the psychologist that tested him said he was leery about labeling him. He said it was such a mild form of it. He is not hyperactive but very hard to focus in the classroom. I have my family on an organic diet and environmentally friendly products. The lighting in my house is not good, large trees block the sun but I have encouraged both of my kids to be outdoors more. I have been reading "Angel Medicine" by Doreen Virtue and it has some very interesting points. Sunlight is a big factor. Alot of us spend too much time indoors(classrooms, offices) and not enough time outdoors. We tend to feel drained by days end. I find my kids tend to become anxious and rambunctious if they have been inside to long. Being in Canada the weather is not always warm so it makes it hard to always be outside. The winters here can be long at times and with little sunlight. That's when most of us find it the hardest, especially February.

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby valkry » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:44 pm

Sara, if you have noticed that the light does make a difference, you might look into getting full spectrum lights to use during winter. When I was station in Iceland w/ our navy back in early 90's, the medical personnel there had FSL avaible for us to use. (& the navy is NOT noted for being overly progressive with their medical treatments).

I have been concerned about the lack of sunlight for my kids too. We parents got so good at keeping our kins out of the sun that the kids are starting to get vitamin D deficency diseases. At least my community has a large (4 level) indoor play structure, so I am very lucky I can take kids to crawl & climb when they get too squirelly.

If you have trouble finding the lights, try looking in plant supply (for indoor plants) or pet stores (used for reptiles).
valkry
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:28 pm

Sarah

You get the light's and I'll come pretent that I'm a plant or reptile (just let me know if I get scaley ok!

I will definately have to borrow that book. I know that I need to be in the sun more.

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Sarahangel » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:23 pm

Valkry, thanks for mentioning the lights. I have read that coloured lights can make a difference in a closed in environment. And yes Uni i'll let you know if you become scaley LOL!!

Sarahangel
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby valkry » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:13 pm

I'm less worried about the scales then the desire to eat bugs.
valkry
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Return to Feng Shui Tavern