Colour of doors

Feng Shui information and Discussion

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Colour of doors

Postby big_mamma » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:56 pm

Please could you tell me what colour our front and back doors should be for whatever direction they are facing ie North South East and West :3: :3:
big_mamma
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby Sweet Melodies » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:16 pm

mamma

Please could you tell me what colour our front and back doors should be for whatever direction they are facing ie North South East and West

The directions & their corresponding colours are given below :

North-------------------------->Blue,Black & grey

South-------------------------->Red or Pink

East & South East------------>Green or Brown

West & North West----------->White or Gold

North East & South West---->Yellow
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

thank you Kavitha

Postby big_mamma » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:05 pm

Thank you that is helpfull now how do I learn which way my front door is facing he he
big_mamma
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby Sweet Melodies » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:53 pm

mamma

Thank you that is helpfull now how do I learn which way my front door is facing he he

I hope you will not have a Lo pan( chinese compass) right now.

you can do it with an ordinary western compass.

* Hold the compass in your hand ,stand in front of your main door facing outside.
* slowly turn the compass so that the needle which is marked in red colour points to North.
Settle in that position for a minute.
* Now you can find the North side of your house. so w.r.t that you can find which direction is pointing to your main door from the compass.

Tip: Having found your North, just find which direction is pointing you , then this is the facing direction of your house.

Hope this helps you. :D
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby whispering breeze » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:26 pm

Hi Kavitha, :wavey:

I was just going to ask you about front and back doors and saw this post. My front door is west facing and being white, I know it is the right colour.
My back door is south west facing and is white also, so I see I need to change it to yellow, which I will do :wink:

I find Feng Shui confusing, but I am getting there. :3:
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Sweet Melodies » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:01 pm

Hi Margo :3: ,

Do not get confused with FengShui. :)
You should understand the concept Colors & FengShui clearly... as Painting colors or placing objects according to the particular direction will not give much benefit if one has lots of hollows in their house.
FengShui concepts deals mainly with the structure of the house, facing direction, bed placements, toilet etc... When these concepts are satisfied according to FS, then the enhancements..., colors etc. would positvely add more benefits.

In FengShui, the importance is given only to the Front doors. Back Door colors can be of any shades. So, do not change the back door color. If you are planning to repaint, then you could try any pastel colors (like light yellow, pink etc)

The common earth- shade colors (like Brown, Maroon) is said to have neutral effects. Its because these colors do not produce much bad effects even when the stars are in conflicts....
Painting with Blue, red shades will have great impact when the stars position changes. So, its always recommended to paint with neutral colors.

But for U, as the front door is facing west and white being a neutral color, hope "It would really work well".

"So Do Not Worry about the Back Door..."
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby whispering breeze » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:01 pm

Hi Kavitha thank you so much! Ok I will not change the colour of my back door.

When I first moved in my house a 7 years ago it was just as the spiritualist had told me, the front door was brown. So I know when we had a new door fitted and I chose the colour white and it was right!

Thanks Kavitha, you have helped alot! :1:
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Sweet Melodies » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:20 am

"You are Welcome Margo" :3:

So I know when we had a new door fitted and I chose the colour white and it was right!

Hope, You had the power to choose the right color...... Good :)
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby valkry » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:32 pm

Is there a difference on which SIDE of the door should be painted. My new south-facing front door needs to be painted. I think I can find a red that will look ok with the pale gray siding & the darker gray roof & trim. I don't know if I can handle any more red inside though (my living room is a dark red - not so dark/purplish as burgandy). I was planning on painting the inside white & the outside a muted red (think a true red would overwhelm the house).
Thanks
valkry
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby Sweet Melodies » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:48 pm

The side of the door which faces outwards is generally taken into account... can you understand what I mean. This year a very BAD star is located in south. So, its' not advisable to paint your front door in red as this may aggravate, causing more sickeness, quarrels, troubles...
Burgandy & earth shade colors would be better....
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby valkry » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:04 pm

I was thinking a burgandy or rust shade of "red" would look much better with the house's extisting colors & I prefere to leave my stars unaggravated, if at all possible.

Is there anything else that can be done to keep the bad juju star happy? I was just thinking since the whole house faces south instead of just the door, I might need to take additional measures.
valkry
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Return to Feng Shui Tavern