Is my money going down the toilet?

Feng Shui information and Discussion

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Is my money going down the toilet?

Postby fractal_elf » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:16 am

Just curious if anyone knows what the effect would be of having your prosperity/wealth area located in the toilet? It's a poky little room with a toilet & only a toilet & I have no idea how to up the energy & make it more pleasant visually. The rest of the house is pure bliss but this tiny room defies my efforts. Pipes, awkward sizing, no space UGH! What can I do? I'm scared ;P
fractal_elf
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby whispering breeze » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:59 pm

Namaste fractal_elf,

Your toilet sounds just like mine, so I will too be interested to hear what Sweet Melodies says when she returns. (as she is away at the moment)

I do know you need to make sure your toilet is kept clean and the seat and lid are always kept down when not in use. Also any drips need to be fixed too. Hope this helps.
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby fractal_elf » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:43 pm

Thanks so much, I made an effort to put up some pretty pictures & a candle in there yesterday, just so it doesnt feel so bland. I had a feeling about keeping the lid down, but hadn't really done it. I'll have to inform the hubby & get him to put the seat & lid down too. Should be interesting that!
fractal_elf
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby whispering breeze » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:57 pm

Oh dear well if your hubby is like mine you'll be wasting your breath :lol:
Have you ever heard of the saying pouring/throwing money down the drain? Well this is why, because of the energy that moves around your house is able to move down your toilet and keeping the lid down stops it from doing this. It's all about keeping the good energy about your home and being able to move freely. Well that's some of what I have learnt anyway and you're welcome :wink:
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby fractal_elf » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:27 pm

Yeah I've heard that, & my hubby loves shopping just as much as any self-respecting woman :D I told him about all this on msn while he was at work. He got home, gave me a kiss & pointed accusingly at the toilet cuz I'd left the lid up. Hehe...but he forgot this morning. We just have to form a new habit & put a sign on the door maybe.
Gia
fractal_elf
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby whispering breeze » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:10 am

Hehehe yes well you have to lead an example :lol:
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Willow_Moon » Sun May 16, 2004 9:56 am

Toilet Fixes...

I know I am not Sweet Melodies and this is an older post .. but I hope that some of these suggestions will help you!!

Tie or paint some red under the bowl part of the toilet ... this will slow down the energy .. specially if no one puts the lid down .............. this is also a good idea for ALL the drains in your house and the garbage cans regardless of the area of the home.

Put at least two mirrors facing each other in the room... also, drop a mirror facing upwards in the tank part.

Use the colours Purple (this one is the best one, but not the only one), Red, Green, and Gold. Put a chunk of purple ameythyst in there. (I did my bathroom in a nice shade of dusty green with Ivy (ivy proimotes positive change) and ladybugs, all placed up high so that when you walk into the room, you immediately glance upwards)

Symbols that remind you of wealth and abundance can also go in here ... ie, your dream vacation, your dream house/car...also, don't limit this to material things ... you can put photos of your kids, pets, religious objects in here so everytime you go in, you are reminded of the "abundance" of your everyday.

Moving water ............ a fishtank, a small fountain ..............or even just a picture of moving water ...........

Round leaved plants............Jade or African Violet .....

A bamboo flute, a windchime .... a map of the world ...... a jewellery box overflowing with "jewels"

Place pictures up a little higher than usual, so people look up.........

Also remember that your STOVE (of all things) is considered a Prosperity element in your home! It dates back to China, with the reason being, that if you can cook for many people, you must have the money to buy alot of food. Therefore the more burners the more wealth in the home. Keep this clean at all times too. Place a mirror behind the stove .. you can also place a shiny teapot or pan on the stove to symbolically double the quantity of burners.

Polish up the Skills and Knowledge corner of your room too. This will help.

Hope some of this will help, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Blessings,
Jen
Willow_Moon
Naturally New

Postby fractal_elf » Mon May 17, 2004 11:24 pm

Phew!!! I'm sure all of that will help! I'll have to do some shopping & then do it all up. Thanks alot for the info, it'll be my new project :)
fractal_elf
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby Little White Dove » Tue May 18, 2004 10:04 pm

Hi Willow_Moon great to see you about the place again, thanks for such fantastic info I will be looking into this too!

May your day be filled with blessings Like the sun that lights the sky,
May you always have the courage To spread your wings and fly!
Little White Dove
Naturally Admin.
Naturally Admin.

Postby fractal_elf » Tue May 18, 2004 10:22 pm

Hehehe...the saga of the toilets continues. I've been wondering when that was going to happen :)
fractal_elf
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby Sweet Melodies » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:24 pm

fractal_elf,

Hope you had got lot of infos

My suggestion is:
1. Keep some indoor plants inside the toilet or ouside the toilet door.
Hanging plants are also adivasble.
2. place a small dish of salt in a corner of the toilet
Kavitha Praveen
Sweet Melodies
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Molly » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:13 am

Thank you all for such great information :buttelr:
Molly
Naturally New

Postby josmond » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:13 pm

Great info...I will give this a try.

josmond
josmond
Naturally New

Postby dale » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:48 am

Hi josmond you may also want to give the popcorn ritual a try.
dale
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Re: Is my money going down the toilet?

Postby sunshine » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:50 pm

We have the bathroom occupying the career and helpful people areas of our bedroom. I put a mirror outside the bathroom on the wall facing the bedroom (and made sure the bed does not reflect). I also try to keep the door and the lid closed.

Thinking about it, could have probably made the bathroom mat black (for career). Need to do soon.
sunshine
Naturally New

Postby AJA » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 am

I never heard ANY of this - very interesting! I am going out and buy some mirrors tomorrow.... Just curious - our toilet does not have a lid on it, as I had to install a raised toilet seat. Should I put something over it when it's not in use, like a board or a towel or something? Also, would a red rug around the base of the toilet work?
AJ :)
"If you are squeamish don't prod the beach rubble." ~ Sappho
AJA
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby sunshine » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:30 pm

In my opinion, the color of the rug around the toilet, in this case, will depend on the area that your toilet is in (career, money, children etc) to protect that particular aspect of your life from being "flushed down the toilet" e.g. if in career area - black or dark, if in love area - red etc.
sunshine
Naturally New

Postby Rose Quartz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:01 pm

in this case, will depend on the area that your toilet is in (career, money, children etc) to protect that particular aspect of your life from being "flushed down the toilet" e.g.

How do you determine areas in your house?

Thank You !
To exercise qi flow without any kind of center is difficult.You can get to know qi and make it flow,but without a center you become passive,almost like a victim, and have hard time using qi according to your own will.Intention can be described as a direction,but it needs a starting point...Seika Tanden.
Usui Gokai
Rose Quartz
Naturally Home
Naturally Home

Postby sunshine » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:18 pm

I'd like to preface my answer by saying that I read on Feng Shui and used it in my home based on the Western (Black Hat Sect) style of Feng Shui.

According to this style, you overlay a Feng Shui Bagua over your entire home and every room of the home and find out areas that way. You can find many Bagua pictures and descriptions online. Western Feng Shui usually assumes that the wall opposite the door into the home/room is the North and overlays the Bagua that way.

I actually (at the time) measured all my rooms to overlay the Bagua, but you could probably overlay approximately (ballparlk, in your mind) to get a sense of which area is where in your room/home.

So, for example, if the door into a room in your house is in the middle of the wall, then around it is the career area, to the right - helpful people, to the left - education etc, area in the middle of the opposite wall will be fame etc.

Here is a link to a very simple Bagua diagram:

http://library.thinkquest.org/05aug/017 ... /bagua.jpg
sunshine
Naturally New

Return to Feng Shui Tavern