Japanese Sticky Rice

The place to share all your favourite recipes!.

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Japanese Sticky Rice

Postby Fantasia » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:27 am

can anyone help me with the instructions on how to make this rice. I know there are a few ingredients outside the norm that make this delicious rice. But... I don't have a clue...lol :-?

thank you in advance for helping me with this craving :1:
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Japanese Sticky Rice

Postby Bearer of Peace » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:47 pm

this is what i found

Ingredients:
3 cups short grain (japanese style) white rice
3 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar (Geikikan Brand my favorite)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
And a paper fan or electric fan for the more modern.

Directions:
Rinse rice well. Drain it and place it in either an electric rice cooker or saucepan with 3 1/4 cups water. Bring it to a rolling boil, then reduce the heat to simmer and cover. Cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit covered until the liquid is absorbed. While the rice is boiling, mix the rice wine vinegar, sugar, and salt until everything dissolves. Dump the rice out into a large mixing bowl and add the vinegar mixture. Don't use aluminum, the vinegar will turn it dark and flavor the rice. Hard core sushi chefs use a bamboo paddle and a paper fan for this next step. I use the fan but a mixing spoon. Fan the rice and turn it frequently to cool it. This process gives the rice the sticky sushi rice texture. Keep at room temperature covered with a moist towel. Don't put it in the refrigerator.
"Reiki will lead you in the right path -- what else needs to be said? " Courtney Field (Reiki Master)
Bearer of Peace
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby Fantasia » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:27 pm

Oh wow thank you,,, :2:
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Bearer of Peace » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:28 pm

no problem ;)
"Reiki will lead you in the right path -- what else needs to be said? " Courtney Field (Reiki Master)
Bearer of Peace
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Return to Cafe La Cookbook!