My Goldfish are Stressing me out

For all your information and thoughts about animals including animal spirit guides, readings, animal reiki.

Moderators: Spiritual Beings, Friendship Team

My Goldfish are Stressing me out

Postby Fantasia » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:15 am

I have four goldfish in a lovely tank, a present from my daughter and her husband when I moved into my new place (like, I mean, I really needed goldfish) :o

Well they look like they are starving all the time,,,as I walk past them - shwoosh over they come and stare me out,,, :-? and they just about follow me around, its a wonder there are no waves in the tank,,,,

I have heard so much conflicting opinions on how much to feed them that I am confused,,,last time I stopped feeding them for a day or so (peer pressure :evil: ) they turned their back on me,,, :(

So do goldfish get fed once or twice a day, how much do I judge to give the 4 of them? - is it 4 pinches or 1 pinch which I feel will turn them into Piranhas!!! :o
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: My Goldfish are Stressing me out

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:30 pm

:lol: :lol: Goldfish are pigs!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

J2 has Goldie and Snowflake very lovely fish (NOT)!

J1 had some other fish but we realized we can't mix these with those as one likes warmer water etc.

So we ended up buying another tank. I don't know why we couldn't just all buy the same type of fish!

Anyway we went away for a weekend and bought some "self-feeders" they are a puck like thing that goes in the water we were gone 2 days but couldn't find a 3-5 day feeder so ended up with the 14 day one.
In 2 days they had that puck down to a sliver!

J2's fish (5 tetras) probably didn't touch theirs.

Goldfish should be fed once a day and the amount is what they will eat in 5 minutes BUT after these pigs in fish suits we went to what they would eat in 3 minutes.

Goldie would eat until she (it) barfed!

We did notice that when we tried putting them in the smaller tank -- fish bowl theory -- that we'd beable to keep them the size that they were (about 2-2 1/2 inches).
I've never seen fish look sad but they looked it.

The will always try to fool you into "I'm starving no one fed me" its not easy when 3 of us would get fooled thinking that the other forgot.

Good luck
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:57 pm

Uni, thanks for that info as it is a serious topic for me; I really don't want 4 deaths on my conscience, truly. When they gave them to me I said 'why didn't you give me a plant? at least it wouldn't die, I have a green thumb?

This lovely self cleaning tank which I have to clean out every Saturday :o apparently is the indication I am over feeding them - our family have only had one goldfish amongst the preverbial Noah's Arc collection over the years - which lasted for 8 years, which is suppose to be unusual from what I have learned but it did, it only died last year and the kids father rang me up freeking as he was babysitting it LOL - I was releived when I said to him "you can tell her" 8)

... so I really don't have the knowledge or time to find out what is what with them.

Dove said I'm overfeeding them so I cut it down, and being a mother - oh dear - feels like im starving them,,,, :(

I agree with the 'pig' comment when I lift the lid of the tank they are waiting up the top of the water and I am fearfulf for my finger tips lol

I was thinking of getting some fresh vegetation to put in the tank as there is only a plastic bush thing,,,but they would probably eat that too :-? Maybe they are suppose too? I dunno,,,

I've never seen fish look sad but they looked it.
at least you understand where I am coming from lol

Well 'the boys' (what I call them) are going to be timed then, I shall start with a pinch or two and see how long it takes them to eat it,, (envisiging seconds),,,,gluttons!!!

Thanks for the tips xx
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Citrine » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:52 pm

This lovely self cleaning tank which I have to clean out every Saturday apparently is the indication I am over feeding them

LOL self cleaning tank :wink: . I had gold fish a few years back and our tank always went an awful green colour. It turned out to be that the tank was getting too much sunlight and we didn't have a room to put it where it wouldn't get too much sun. So after all the fish perished from me fiddling around with the Ph of the water we packed it up we are looking for a victim to forward it on to. Looking for another tank??? :lol:

Maybe a one or two snails would help cut back on cleaning of the tank? Also maybe your fish are not looking for extra food but maybe some reiki? It could turn out to be that goldfish are as big a reiki hogs as cats?

Have a lovely tank cleaning Saturday today - I've got the budgies cage to do :o

Love & light
Citrinexxx
Grow in love & peace and joy will light your days.

Life is not about finding yourself.....Life is about creating yourself.

The secret to life is not to be in the know - but to be in the mystery.
Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:50 am

I've been told that the best thing that fish do is die so be prepared.

Yes, out tank went greenish due to the sun too. We has an algi eatter in with them but because it has a lot of shells (daughters decoration work) the Ph was too high and he died

Real plants will be food for them they also like lettuce. Seems like we will be replacing my Father-in-laws real plants as the goldfish has mowed them off!
Actully F-In-L as suggested that when we retuen that he might give us his fish (all 10 tanks!)
I don't really want the ones we gave him back!

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:46 pm

Citrine
Maybe a one or two snails would help cut back on cleaning of the tank?
the boy's would probably eat them too, and the reason I call them the boy's is ive seen no babies :o mind you they've probably eaten them too :cry:

Uni
Actully F-In-L as suggested that when we retuen that he might give us his fish (all 10 tanks!)
I'd go literally mad,,,as in stark raving bonkers,,,,

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Re: RE: My Goldfish are Stressing me out

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:53 am

Fantasia wrote:I call them the boy's is ive seen no babies :o mind you they've probably eaten them too :cry:

Maybe the for boys are playing poker all night and its the ashes from their cigars thats making the place dirty!

As for babies you might also have a filter system thats sucks them up too.

Uni
I'd go literally mad,,,as in stark raving bonkers,,,,[/quote]

Ah but the best thing that fish do is die we just have to ensure that we don't replace them! J1 has has the "same" fish but I think its actually #5.

I'd like a real pet something that you can pick up and cuddle. Maybe something that would views fish as food (meow)!
Yes, all cats are evil thats why I love them so!

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

RE: Re: RE: My Goldfish are Stressing me out

Postby Fantasia » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:46 pm

As for babies you might also have a filter system thats sucks them up too.
oh dont tell me that I feel depression coming on LOL :o

Ah but the best thing that fish do is die
yeah but my luck these boys will keep on keeping on,,,

But I have a plan, Im on a mission 8)

Christmas is coming up - pressy time :-:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Fantasia » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:49 pm

afterthought: Wonder if the Dove and Bear need
extra company 8)

:fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby webdragon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:06 pm

Hi Fantasia,

you could alway put them in the pool LOL
Love Light and Blessings to everyone

I am strong in love and bright in life. I shine with the radiance of a star.

My Flickr page
welcome to NAT
webdragon
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby Fantasia » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:36 pm

Well actually, :o I did have fleeting thoughts of dropping them into the little pool with the button and flushing them out the mother of pools but knowing my luck, they'd come back and I'd have to 'fish' them back out :roll:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby webdragon » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:14 am

Image Image Image Image you kill me
Love Light and Blessings to everyone

I am strong in love and bright in life. I shine with the radiance of a star.

My Flickr page
welcome to NAT
webdragon
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby Fantasia » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:59 am

you kill me
Webby, honestly, i'm a very gentle sweet thing :1: just don't cross stitch me :2: :blah:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Fantasia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:10 am

Well I nearly did it - I nearly murdered one of the boys :roll:

A few weeks ago I moved their tank out onto the back patio as the weather was getting fine. I just went out to clean their tank. It was a bit awkward so I just got a bowl and scooped water out bit by bit to empty it, throwing the water here there and everywhere...when I had finished and refilled the tank with a bigger bowl, I had a look inside to check all was ok and there was only :fish: :fish: :fish: one of the boys was missing :o (I thought I was going mad) Im moving the rocks around and their ornaments thinking the rush of water had crushed him under the rocks or some stupid thing...

Then it dawned on me :-? ,,,so i ran around everywhere I had thrown the water and there he was :fish: lying in the pot plant :o

I grabbed him and put him back into the tank, he didn't float so he is ok (I think) :oops:

Oh I feel bad - damn fish - hurry up xmas so I can give them away :2: 8)

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:05 am

How do you wrap fish up?

If you give them to Running bear he'd probably use it as bait for something bigger!

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 pm

How do you wrap fish up?

If you give them to Running bear he'd probably use it as bait for something bigger!

yeah your right, I never thought of that :evil: and he'd be sick enough to catch a squid, watch me eat it and then tell me he caught it with one of the boys :col:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Fantasia » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:21 am

did you know the boys are still alive?

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:59 pm

What!!!!!!!

Are they still swimming in the coffee pot?

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:38 pm

wot wot wot lol :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

last time I saw them they were in a big flash tank with lots of other boys....and girls :wink:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:48 pm

awwwwwwwwwww they have gone out and made new friends!

Communication

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Next

Return to Norma's Animal Kingdom