Do you recycle?

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

So tell me do you do your part in saving the environment?

YES ~ All the time
67%
SOMETIMES ~ when I can
29%
NO ~ not at all
5%

Total votes : 21

Do you recycle?

Postby Rippling Brook » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:03 am

In the world today we have so many different items that just get thrown away, without any thought to the environment.

There are many ways in which we can all start to alleviate the massive problems of excess rubish dumping. Some of these ways are to recylce our bottles, plastics and cardboards, while others require us to feed our food straps to our animals, use in our compost heap or re-use for other things: such as old roll on deodornt bottles being filled with paint for little hands to use...less waste and less mess..we all win!
Last edited by Rippling Brook on Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Give the Gift of Reiki - Share and be involved in Our Community

Rippling Brook - Living the great life in Tasmania
Rippling Brook
Naturally Admin.
Naturally Admin.

Postby whispering breeze » Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:32 am

Hi Keren,
We don't have any bottle bank's near us or recycle bin's :(
I regulary put scrap's out for the bird's and fox's.
I use plastic pot's for everyday use around the house.
So i do try to do what i can and i never throw rubbish out on the street floor, i alway's look for a bin and teach my chioldren to do the same.
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby trias » Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:22 am

We are fortunate in our area to have recycle bins which take almost all of the stuff we could conceivably recycle...paper, glass, plastics etc.

I'm now gravitating to more reuse and buying less stuff which has to be thrown. For example we decided to get a decent battery recharger. We can reuse those batteries many times before they're no good and when they reach that point we can dispose of them (although we will have to go out of our way to find a place to accept them). We get to save a lot of money to boot.

Actually we learnt that in out course...reduce, reuse, recycle. That was quite a few years ago. Follow that idea though and you have in essense the bulk of the 'education' from that subject.
trias
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby rathe » Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:59 am

Its a bit like yours here Margo, thou our shire do provide fornightly bins for recycling, but we just guess what happens after that, One of our local shires got caught dumping all their recylcled collections in to ground fill :-? a little while back.. Hopefully that sort of thing has stoped. I know a couple areas around Perth are still NOT offering a recycling program for the resedents.

I know in South Australia, they still offer money for drink bottles etc, I wish they would make that Australia wide, It has been campained here a few times , but hasn't made it to the voting point yet. I am gearing up for a worm farm and a compost system for garden waste and kitchen waste ATM. I am also building a "quite room" in the shed out of old packing creates and pallets :)

Its not much I know, but I guess a start is better then not trying :(

rathe
When all four aspects of knowing, being, becoming and giving are in harmonious balance, the soul will be at peace with itself and in harmony with others.
rathe
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby Little White Dove » Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:25 am

am also building a "quite room" in the shed out of old packing creates and pallets

That is a really good idea rathe I will have to get the Bear working on one for me I need a "quite room"

We try to do our best to recycle but we donot have any bins in our town :cry:

May your day be filled with blessings Like the sun that lights the sky,
May you always have the courage To spread your wings and fly!
Little White Dove
Naturally Admin.
Naturally Admin.

Postby Cloud_Princess » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:04 am

i know this is going to sound silly but ... what's a quiet room ? ( it sounds really appealing ..is it for me or the kids ? or the cats this week .... they are driving me nuts missing the kids i guess) i hadnt thought of recycling the deoderant bottles like that! what a great idea :) ill start saving them so there is three on for each hmm i wonder if i could adapt that idea to shower wash stuff for the kiddies baths ? otherwise they use way too much soap and bubbles . we have recycle bins up here and interestingly enough its something the kids are all well taught in at school too .. they recycle as much as they can there as well. But i have noticed between different shires there is a huge difference in size of the bins some shires only give you a non-recycleable bin thats half the size of the recycle bin. I for one am very glad there is so much recycling now than when we were kids. i think the only recycling i can remember was getting paid 5 cents per empty bottle we found and turned in.. i wish they would bring that back too :)

Cloud_Princess

If Wishes were Wings....
Cloud_Princess
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby whispering breeze » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:10 pm

I do now, I got my bin today and so I can recycle most things that I use. :3:
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Molly » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:11 am

Yes i always try to recycle what i can
Molly
Naturally New

Postby Fuchsia » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:04 pm

It's mandatory here, so yes I do. Some towns even have a clear plastic bag law for the garbage. If they see anything recyclable in your garbage you get fined. :o Glad they don't have that hear though. I think it is important to recycle, but sometimes I do throw stuff away when I'm short on time to clean and rinse everything out.
Fuchsia
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby caraway » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:20 am

Because we live in the country, we don't have garbage collection. We have to pay to take our rubbish to the town rubbish tip. But we don't have to pay to use the recycling facility. It is amazing just how much stuff you can find a use for or recycle when you have to.
Dare to live your creed )O(
Angels fly because they take themselves lightly :lil:
For a fleeing enemy, build a golden bridge.
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
caraway
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby Zoe_pn » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:32 am

i like to try to recycle, we dont have bins like in the city,we can take it to the tip you dont pay to recycle things,i like to send what i can to the school with the children they make some cool stuf with what we think is rubbish
Zoe_pn
Naturally Friendly
Naturally Friendly

Postby dale » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:40 pm

Our local council are giving everyone extra bins to recycle our stuff. Its about time
dale
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment