medical myths

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

medical myths

Postby shazza » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:38 pm

Somewhere in the back of your mind is the idea that you should drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay healthy.

You may have nodded in agreement when someone mentioned scientific studies showing that, on average, you use just 10 percent of your brain.

And you may have lectured your children about the danger of reading in dim light, which could cause permanent eye damage.

None of this is true.

read more
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news ... 59197.html
The soul doesn't measure the passing of time, but records growth
shazza
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: medical myths

Postby Norma » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:07 pm

thank you shazza nice reading... see nothing about dark chocolate being bad for you... I'm saved!
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:12 am

you use just 10 percent of your brain.

Oh I'm glad to hear this isn't true - (knowing my luck I sit on an 11% sigh* - my dad did say they broke the mold when I was born, he never did elaborate on that one!!!)
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:25 pm

Oh Fantasia.... we won't elaborate on that part........

perhaps you use 10% of your brain...... the other 80% is your mouth..... lol .... come to think of it.... sounds pretty close... hummmm ... now I have to use that 10% of my brain to think of all this....

I did like the read... I read things similar to this over the years.... one has to form their own opinion at times ...
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Postby Fantasia » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:17 pm

ha peas in a pod .. think about it...if we think in unison...even telepathically...we are using 20% combined - whooooaaaa - right up there...busting medical myths...

I like this one ;)

As for drinking eight glasses of water a day, don't try it. Water comes into the body via a number of foods, such as fruits and vegetables, and a zealous endeavor to meet the eight-glass quota might even be dangerous, Vreeman said

Now I don't have to think like a fish or drink like a fish as its all a MYTH...tongue twister ha

Thanks shazza .. great link..fun..
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Norma » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 pm

Image I wonder if they speak about sugeons really being aliens?
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment