Weight Loss

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Weight Loss

Postby uniqbtrfly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:20 am

Well, I have tried it all over the years, you name it, I have joined it or bought it. I can truly say that "diets do not work", for me, it was a life style change.

I came upon the turning point a few months ago and wanted to pass it along to others who may relate to what I am saying....

www.lisabonnice.com

It works!

Blessings,
Uniqbtrfly
May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George
uniqbtrfly
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

RE: Weight Loss

Postby Norma » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:18 am

Looks interesting and will check it out more indepth later in evening.... so uniqbtrfly, how has it helped you? How did you find it special?
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Live simply. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

RE: Weight Loss

Postby uniqbtrfly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Of course the biggest plus is , I am losing weight. I think why this "clicked" with me is because I could relate to what Lisa talks about in her book. I did not realize just how attached my emotions were to food, that was a major enlightening.

So many of these sort of books are all about "diets", this one is not. I learned that in order to succeed at weight loss, you must find what works for you and the changes you choose to make are for a lifetime. I have a cousin who is following a very strict diet and is losing weight. I am happy for her and I hope that when she gets to her goal, she can keep it, but also hopes she realizes that the way she is eating in order to lose it, she can not go back to the eating habits that made her gain the weight to begin with.

Lisa's approach includes body, mind, and soul, which is the way it should. After all, that is what we are made of and one can not be healed without the other being affected.....my opinion.

Chief Dan George
uniqbtrfly
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Re: RE: Weight Loss

Postby Norma » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:17 pm

[quote="uniqbtrfly"]Of course the biggest plus is , I am losing weight. I think why this "clicked" with me is because I could relate to what Lisa talks about in her book. I did not realize just how attached my emotions were to food, that was a major enlightening. [quote]

I guess I must be doing ok, I'm not really attached to food... I actually eat a little because I know I must eat something (chocolate)... and since I have such a low sodium diet, many of the foods I enjoyed (med. cheese pizza w-3 toppings) are now off the charts... bumm then add all my other ailments.... ah a novel in the writings!

I do believe stress, depression, fustration, being sedentary for long periods and lack of just plain movement inside or outside causes muscles to weaken and well weight to add on.... If I had it my way, I would be taking a min-laptop for walks with me so I wouldn't be sitting for hours at a time... lol :D

Try this, see how many folks who don't move much in their job or just sit around are thin or of good weight. Perhaps if they just started their job they are fine... then add some stress from work then at home and add the food and leave out the excercise and and and the wieght adds on... okay so I know where my hips came from ... :roll:

But I do like Lisa idea of shift thoughts shifts weight... perhaps my weight is just a little to heave to shift at the moment... lol I'm still working her site.. I am glad that it has done good for you, I know a couple family members it might help ... since they think all my ideas are insane anyhow, the concept of "The Secret" is still alien to them.. :o
"'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.' ~Unknown "
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Re: RE: Weight Loss

Postby uniqbtrfly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:59 pm

Norma wrote:
uniqbtrfly wrote:But I do like Lisa idea of shift thoughts shifts weight... perhaps my weight is just a little to heave to shift at the moment... lol I'm still working her site.. I am glad that it has done good for you, I know a couple family members it might help ... since they think all my ideas are insane anyhow, the concept of "The Secret" is still alien to them.. :o

LOL....I can sure relate to that......my kids think I have totally lost it......and I know others around me do to....but that is okay with me, I thrive on being "different"....that is who I am.... :eyes:

I like the "shape shifting" concept, who wouldv'e thunk it.
... :roll:

Chief Dan George
uniqbtrfly
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

RE: Re: RE: Weight Loss

Postby Fantasia » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 pm

Stress really is a big factor to our metabolism, it either speeds it up or slows it down - frustrating...I feel once we combat stress we plateau and once we reshape our thinking our body shape takes place. I have found during periods of intense stress through my life I have either looked like a stick person or the good year blimp - but once I reshape, reprogram my thinking all falls into place or off the places it landed lol

Great link Butters...thank you....
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Re: RE: Weight Loss

Postby Norma » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:04 pm

yes so true.... when the mind is in it's right state - content and happy..... everything looks good and is fine and dandy.... when down, ahhh I find a friend to share my ice cream with..... but eat all the chocolate myself!.... then feel like a hyper blimp after!
Image Image Image
Leave the rest to God.
Norma
Natural Born Winner!
Natural Born Winner!

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment