The endocrine system

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

The endocrine system

Postby shazza » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:53 am

OK, I've been prompted to start this thread and encourage you to add to it.
I found this link when googling about the thymus gland:
http://www.holisticwebs.com/sound/thymus.html
The soul doesn't measure the passing of time, but records growth
shazza
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby dale » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:03 am

Interesting link Shazza.

I think it just shows how important it is to be positive within our selves. Although the endocrine system takes in much more than the thymus glands. What I do find interesting is that when you look at a pic of where the glands are situated you find them on the chakras.

Dale
dale
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby shazza » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:02 am

dale wrote:the endocrine system takes in much more than the thymus glands.

oh yes, this was just a starter, to get me off my rear, so to speak and get started on it... more to come, have no fear!

dale wrote:What I do find interesting is that when you look at a pic of where the glands are situated you find them on the chakras.

yes again, lol.... it is because of the importance of certain glands that I have been forced to re-evaluate my impression of an extended chakra system.

The traditional sanskrit teachings don't take into account the thymus. Also the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary glands may not have all been accounted for. Depends how you attribute the Anja and Sahasrara.
shazza
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Fantasia » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Great link Shazza..thank you

I found this part interesting and am looking forward to reading more of this thread...

All sounds, in one way or another, resonate with this chakra and in the body. Now that you are aware of the Thymus chakra, it is so necessary to make joyful, positive sounds instead of "sour" notes of anger or negativity. Awareness of with which sounds one is resonating is very important. Think about the words that we use. Think about the words and sounds that are produced by people who are with you. What are they saying? Are they words of love and caring, of honesty and truth? Is there joy in the sounds that you are using and hearing? Is your personal sound critical and deadening to others? Are you saying things that are uplifting?
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Citrine » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 am

Thanks Shazza, great article and reinforces of the importance of keeping positive, not stressing out, and sending self healing to all parts of our bodies not just the "main bits" lol.

Running on stress is so toxic, last time I was stressed I remembered to stop and feel what was circulating around my body and it was really having an intense negative affect on every part of my body.

Love & light
Citrinexxx
Grow in love & peace and joy will light your days.

Life is not about finding yourself.....Life is about creating yourself.

The secret to life is not to be in the know - but to be in the mystery.
Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby dale » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:38 am

Has anyone tried sound therapy? Would be interesting to hear how it affected them.

I think what it does reinforce is the way people can become really ill through stress and negativity.

What is your reason for doing endocrine system Shazza?

Dale
dale
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby shazza » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:18 pm

dale wrote: Has anyone tried sound therapy? Would be interesting to hear how it affected them.

I've had a session with crystal bowls and done some sound journey work. I read an article where the sound of a human voice can affect cancer cells and healing rates, which is interesting.

dale wrote:What is your reason for doing endocrine system Shazza?

oh, there have been a few little questions here and there which gave me a nudge :wink:

And just to keep you all interested, here is an article about magnetic forces and the pineal gland
Pineal gland
shazza
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby dale » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:08 am

magnetic stimulation of the pineal gland could slow the aging process

I like the sound of that Shazza. The articles were really interesting also.
Have started reading up onmy endocrinologly system. Can remember some of it from my training days. But what I do remember along with what you were saying about sound and posistiviy makes the reading slightly different.
dale
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Postby shazza » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:40 am

Well, just for a refresher:
Concerned primarily with controlling various metabolic functions through release or inhibition of hormones, the endocrine system includes gonads (ovaries and testes), islets of Langerhans in the pancreas, the cortex of the adrenals, the thymus, thyroid and parathyroid glands, hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal.

Am starting to wonder if each of the glands might respond to certain types of energy healing - thymus~music, pineal~magnetic....

Hhmmm....
shazza
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment