Ear Candling

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Ear Candling

Postby Citrine » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:01 am

With winter here again it's time to battle on with the side effects of coughs and colds with the kids. My oldest has developed a head cold which is not really a worry in itself, but with a cold with him comes ear infections due to the tubes in his ears being blocked by mucous. In the past due to teething causing ear infections and tonsilitis my son was on a continual merry go round of antiboitics. With that came problems with the antibiotics affecting the enamel on his secondary teeth - I wish somebody had told me about this side effect :x .

A couple of ways to keeps kids ears clear is to make sure that they blow their noses and keep them clear. (pretty basic lol but most kids tend to sniff and noses tend to get pretty sore and red after a while with continual blowing). Another way is if the ear canals are beginning to feel blocked but not sore blowing up a balloon may also help clear the ear canal.

If relief isn't felt by these methods another way I have found helps is to use ear candles(also called Thermotherapy). Developed and used by shamans & healers of ancient greeks, egyptians and indians, ear candles are a very gentle and effective way of clearing blockages from the ears.

There is no need to wait for an ear infection or irritation they can also be used to enhance general wellbeing.

They are not something that can be used alone without someone there to help if it is for yourself. You will need:

Somewhere comfortable to lie down with a pillow.
A warm damp cloth to place over the hair.
A bowl of water to extinguish the candle
Some warm oil to massage around the outside of the ear after the treatment.

Both ears need to be candled to maintain balance and each ear takes approximately 10-15 minutes.

I have found Hopi Ear Candles by Biosun to be the best candles to use.

Here is some further info on ear candling

http://www.acuneeds.com/products/area.asp?area=Candles

http://www.tcnaturals.com/ear_candles/benefits.html

Love & light
Citrinexxx
Grow in love & peace and joy will light your days.

Life is not about finding yourself.....Life is about creating yourself.

The secret to life is not to be in the know - but to be in the mystery.
Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:18 am

Thanks Citirine Some very useful info
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby vicky » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:54 am

Hi, no doubt it helps summer hay fever suffers up here! HAve seen loads of ads. fr Hopi but never tired it

xx
keep the faith
vicky
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment