Moon cycles

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Moon cycles

Postby shazza » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:45 am

Gardening by the moon
Noting when the moon is waxing or waning and in a fertile or barren zodiac sign helps determming the best days to prepare the soil, plant, weed, clean up or just watch your garden grow.

Fertile signs of the zodiac
Taurus, Cancer, Libra, Scorpio, Capricorn, Pisces
Barren signs
Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Saggitarius, Aquarius

Plant or transplant plants that produce crops above ground during the waxing period.

Plant or transplant for crops below ground in the waning cycle.

To eradicate weeds and pests and prepare soil, choose the period beginning with the last quarter until the new moon - also part of the waning cycle.

Avoid planting or transplanting on the day each new moon phase begins.

For best results, plant or transplant when the moon is in a fertile sign and avoid planting or transplanting when the moon is in a barren sign.

Hair cutting by the moon
Trim your hair when the waxing moon is in a fertile sign to improve condition and promote growth. To retard hair growth (shaving etc) do so when the waning moon is in a barren sign. A consistent approach over a few months yields best results.
The soul doesn't measure the passing of time, but records growth
shazza
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby webdragon » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:10 pm

Thanks Shazza thats really interesting and I will put that to the test as I have some plants that I have to move

Blessings
Ian
Love Light and Blessings to everyone

I am strong in love and bright in life. I shine with the radiance of a star.

My Flickr page
welcome to NAT
webdragon
Naturally Content
Naturally Content

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment