Beauty & the Beast

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Beauty & the Beast

Postby Fantasia » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:38 am

We don't seem to have a thread that contains little tips on keeping the skin in good condition.

It would be nice to hear of any other little tips what both genders may include into a keeping well routine. :)

This link was on the front page, and it is quite good. Glad no one could see me doing the exercises..

Facial Exercise

One little tip I follow as often as I can is the use of Lemon’s. I like to rub a slice of lemon over my face, it seems to tighten the skin - but sucking on the lemon after undoes what you have just done :wink:
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

RE: Beauty & the Beast

Postby Citrine » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:37 am

Hi Fantasia

Great idea for a thread. I have always had trouble with allergies and artificial ingredients in skin care products. Have been using Trilogy Rosehip products for a while now and they are excellent.

Also bought some rosehip tea to try yesterday. A friend who is overcoming fibromalygia has been using it and it has given her a great energy boost.

I am now a convert too LOL. I usually drink black tea with milk and sugar but the rosehip tea lift to steep in the strainer for 10 mins tastes great. It is very rich in vitamin C and is also beneficial for the skin as well.

Also paw paw freshly cut and the flesh and juice placed on the skin is supposed to be a great natural peel to take off the dead layers of skin. I have not got around to this one yet as the smell of paw paws puts me off a bit. :wink:
Grow in love & peace and joy will light your days.

Life is not about finding yourself.....Life is about creating yourself.

The secret to life is not to be in the know - but to be in the mystery.
Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Fantasia » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:31 am

Natural yoghurt with honey mixed in is a really good face mask..and you can add some oatmeal for a facial scrub or body scrub...
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby BelieveinUnicorns » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:16 pm

Sugar is a great facial too. Put a little sugar in your palm with a little water and gently rub on your face (can also be done with salt)

If you prefer a mask take the egg yolk (you know the part your not to eat anyway!) beat it until its mixed up then rub all over your face until it drys then gently rub all the dead skin and egg yolk away rince face with cool water.
The wiser the soul .... the greater the simplicity.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with salsa.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're OK now.

Communication
In prayer you communicate with God, in meditation God communicates with you.

BelieveinUnicorns
Naturally Supermod
Naturally Supermod

Postby Fantasia » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:11 pm

Then there is good old cucumber for the eyes, slice a piece of cucumber and lay a piece on each eye to refresh and remove the tired look... :-?

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Citrine » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:49 am

Shea butter is heavenly for skin too. I have just started a body butter and it is awesome.

Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Fantasia » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:55 am

I have just started a body butter and it is awesome.

Yes some of the body butters are beautiful I used to use one from the Body Shop it smelled like candy floss and a variation of caramel...but was amazing on the skin...nice pampering feeling.

I was recently reading a document regarding the topic of pampering ourselves. With our busy lives and commitments pampering can sometimes be shoved to the back of the que..

I also use beer to rinse my hair, it makes it very shiney..I don't like the taste or smell of beer but what it does for the hair is amazing...

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Citrine » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:01 am

With our busy lives and commitments pampering can sometimes be shoved to the back of the que.

Yes definately the case with rushing weekday mornings :-: .

Will have to give beer a try for my hair. Not too keen on the smell or taste either but for shiney hair sounds great.

Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Fantasia » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:10 am

Also whipped egg white is marvelous. Make sure the hair is wet cold, don't do what I did the first time many years ago, head and hair hot = scrambled egg :o

Also Olive Oil hair treatment is amazing, but getting just the right amount is an art, so just a little bit on the palm of the hand, rub hands together and work through hair leaving the top of the head till last, main focus on the ends or the areas that you notice is dry. Leave in a towel for as long as you can be bothered. Wash as per normal.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Little White Dove » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:53 am

Lavender promotes tissue regeneration its good for aging skin, as well as oily, dry, cracked, scarred or sensitive skin, its a truly universal plant you can also use pure lavender oil, just use a few drops in an atomiser with distilled water and spray it on the body, very refreshing in the hot weather

May your day be filled with blessings Like the sun that lights the sky,
May you always have the courage To spread your wings and fly!
Little White Dove
Naturally Admin.
Naturally Admin.

Postby Fantasia » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:57 am

just use a few drops in an atomiser with distilled water and spray it on the body, very refreshing in the hot weather
Indeed, I also love what you do with shampoo and conditioner with lavender, and your face treatments - wow...

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Fantasia » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:40 pm

Just stopped by to do my Facial Exercises :D - its actually quite nice, you can feel the muscles around your face and throat really relax after...I don't think we realise how tense we are sometimes until we perform a little exercise and feel the difference thereafter... <hope the wind doesn't change> :o :wink:

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment