Tips / Ways to protect yourself.

The place for information, discussion and positiveness as well as the place to discuss ways to look after you, your family, the environment, recycling, organic products and all those other environmental issues...

Moderator: Spiritual Beings

Tips / Ways to protect yourself.

Postby Rippling Brook » Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:15 am

Unfortunately this is NOT funny but things we should always. Keep in mind!

TIPS FROM POLICE .... This is a good reminder for all of us. You can never read this too many times!!

1. Tip from police: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you.... chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you and he will go for the wallet or purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car: Kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their car after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

5. A Few Notes About Getting Into Your Car In a Parking Lot, or Parking Garage:

A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. (and check out under the car as you approach.)

B.) If you're parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE ; THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ, RUN!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry ecorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they heard baby cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Remember: DO NOT open the door for a crying baby. This information should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted when they profiled a serial killer in Louisiana.
~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Give the Gift of Reiki - Share and be involved in Our Community

Rippling Brook - Living the great life in Tasmania
Rippling Brook
Naturally Admin.
Naturally Admin.

Postby whispering breeze » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:29 am

Thanks Rippling Brook this is very good information and something we all need to be aware of.
You are a spirit making your way, learn your lessons and hold your head up high. When you stumble, do not cry and give up, get back up and carry on. You are beautiful and you are loved, you are unique. Be proud of who you are, face your lessons with courage and when in need, ask for spirits helping hand.
whispering breeze
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby metamorphic » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:37 am

What a brilliant post Rippling Brook.
Love and Light

Remember that the angels work through synchronicity and that if we remain open, not closed, to all possibilities, we may receive their messages of insight, love, and hope through virtually any channel of earthly communication. All we have to do is keep on watching and listening. - Terry Lynn Taylor and Mary Beth Crain, "Angel Wisdom
metamorphic
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby Running Bear » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:31 am

Yes excellent information
many hug's from running bear

Running Bear
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Citrine » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:17 am

Wow. I have just read this tonight. Thanks Rippling Brook for the sound advice.

That gave me chills because things such as sitting in my car organising things after shopping and using the stairs at shopping centres are things I have always done and not thought about.

I will definately re-think my habits.

Namaste
Citrine
Grow in love & peace and joy will light your days.

Life is not about finding yourself.....Life is about creating yourself.

The secret to life is not to be in the know - but to be in the mystery.
Citrine
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby MisterJ » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:09 am

Great info, shame that it is a realistic thing these days, one reason why i try to avoid watching the news.
In the midsts of our souls do our minds evolve
MisterJ
Natural Star!
Natural Star!

Postby Amatrene » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:04 am

Thanks for the tips but isn't it sad that we live in a world that has created such monsters. I always trust my instincts, even when my logic disagrees and especially in an unexpected pickle, they always show me the best path even.
Amatrene
Naturally New

Postby Fantasia » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:08 pm

These are a couple of tips I have applied over the years which are useful for us single women that live alone...or for any person that finds themselves alone actually....

*I purchased an old pair of huge second hand work boots and left sitting at the door step...
*also on my answering machine I had a male leave the message; and never put on your voice mail "sorry I'm not home'!!!!
*or if ever I had to answer the door at night, I'd shout as I approached the door - "It's ok you lot I will get it"...!!!

Having worked for half my life in the area of Risk Management & Assessment and spent a lot of voluntary time going to senior citizens homes helping them secure themselves, unfortunately, we can be so trusting and leave ourselves vulnerable..

and having to agree with Amatrene, I also use my logic and apply a little principle 'when in doubt - don't!!'
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby Amatrene » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:16 am

I like the boots idea-that's a new one! Thanks.
Amatrene
Naturally New

Postby Fantasia » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:17 pm

DO NOT open the door for a crying baby. This information should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted when they profiled a serial killer in Louisiana.

Some years ago I had a knock on the door late at night. I had camera's so I could see and talk to the caller. There was a young woman at the door. I asked what she wanted. She said her car was broken down and could she use the phone to call her boyfriend for help. Through the brief conversation she wasn't happy in giving me the number to let me call or even call her a taxi. Eventually I said, well I have a better idea, I will call the Police. She left in a hurry.

I rang the police and was informed there was a gang in the area who were using that pretext to get people to open thier doors late at night and it was fortunate I didn't open the door as their would have been others hiding around the place!!!

They sent patrols out but to no avail. They couldn't find her or a vehicle.

So I definately agree no matter what, we have to be on guard unfortunately.
I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the
other person and learns from the other. I have a lot to learn from other people.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Postby purplewitch69 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:52 am

Thanks for the tips,

months ago a freind email this press release from the police, for signle women.

I lady fill her car at the petrol station, when she finished and went to pay for it the man behind the counter told the lady to pretend to look at the stuff on the shelves and wait for the police to get here. A man has just got into your car and hide in the back seat of he car.
When the police arrived they check and found him there.
SO please lock your car even at the safest places!!!!
purplewitch69
Naturally Here
Naturally Here

Postby Fantasia » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:28 am

Good advice Purplewitch, sometimes we can be so busy and distracted, especially mums with small children, that we can be absent minded sometimes,,as MrJ said, it is a hard world we live in,,

As it is a hard world we live in, by remaining vigilant about our safety and security has become like a second job, but something that can't be ignored. Even the most innocent looking bystander can create a change in ones life that could last the rest of the life.

I would be interested to hear how families teach their children the Stranger Danger aspect of safety...I know most junior schools run some pretty good programs with Police intervention which is fabulous.

ImageImageImage
Fantasia
Naturally Mod
Naturally Mod

Return to Leisure, Health and a Caring Environment